Debian upgrade with PostgreSQL

From: Patrick Ernst <pernst(at)mpi-inf(dot)mpg(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debian upgrade with PostgreSQL
Date: 2012-07-30 10:57:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We are running PostgreSQL 8.3 on a Debian Lenny system. Since the system
is outdated, we want to update to Debian Squeeze.

Based on your knowledge and experience are there any special
preparations for PostgreSQL we have to take care of? Or can you give us
some tips how we should approach the system upgrade so that everything
runs smoothly?

Regards,

Patrick