Re: Extension for PostgreSQL cast jsonb to hstore WIP

From: Антуан Виолин <violin(dot)antuan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: ShadowGhost <violin05082003(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extension for PostgreSQL cast jsonb to hstore WIP
Date: 2024-07-15 05:43:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-04-03 Wn 04:21, Andrew Dunstan

> I don't think a cast that doesn't cater for all the forms json can take is
> going to work very well. At the very least you would need to error out in
> cases you didn't want to cover, and have tests for all of those errors. But
> the above is only a tiny fraction of those. If the error cases are going to
> be so much more than the cases that work it seems a bit pointless.

Hi everyone
I changed my mail account to be officially displayed in the correspondence.
I also made an error conclusion if we are given an incorrect value. I
believe that such a cast is needed by PostgreSQL since we already have
several incomplete casts, but they perform their duties well and help in
the right situations.

cheers
Antoine Violin

Antoine