Re: Anyone have a contact at Home.PL in Poland?

From: Szymon Guz <mabewlun(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hubert Lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pl(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Anyone have a contact at Home.PL in Poland?
Date: 2013-04-08 09:12:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 5 April 2013 19:45, hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 09:56:55AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Szymon, Depesz,
> >
> > Given that we clearly have 1000's of PostgreSQL users in Poland, why
> > don't we have one or more PUGs there?
> >
> > And, maybe, pg.EU 2015 in Warsaw?
>
> There is couple of issues:
> 1. I don't really believe in those 1000s of users of Pg in Poland.
> I think it's more likely that home.pl/netart turn this service on by
> default, so it looks like it's there, but i would guess that many
> (most?) of it aren't used.
> 2. there is no pg users group in .pl, so there is not really anybody
> that could organize it. (and no, I do not volunteer, my social skills
> are way underdeveloped for this)
>
> On the other hand - maybe I'm wrong. It's "just" a matter of finding the
> right person(s) to start pgug, and then organizing stuff.
>
> Best regards,
>
> depesz

I think the same. Home.pl just gives such a database to each client, and I
think most of them are not used, so in fact there are no 1000s os Postgres
users here.

I don't vounteer as well, I've got no experience in organizing such events,
however the idea of having EU 2015 in Warsaw is quite nice :)

regards
Szymon