bugfix - plpgsql - statement counter is incremented 2x for FOR stmt

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bugfix - plpgsql - statement counter is incremented 2x for FOR stmt
Date: 2021-02-02 17:20:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

When I fixed one plpgsql_check issue, I found another plpgsql issue. Now we
have field nstatements that hold a number of plpgsql statements in
function. Unfortunately I made an error when I wrote this functionality and
for FOR statements, this counter is incremented 2x. Higher number than a
real number is better than a lesser number, but it can be a source of
problems too (inside plpgsql_check I iterate over 0 .. nstatements stmtid,
and due this bug I had a problem with missing statements).

Attached patch is pretty simple:

Regards

Pavel

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-double-increment-stmtid-fix.patch text/x-patch 893 bytes