Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, xenophenes42(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Date: 2018-10-04 16:02:48
Lists: pgsql-docs

čt 4. 10. 2018 v 17:50 odesílatel Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
napsal:

> Hi,
>
> As part of the effort to modernize the look and feel of PostgreSQL.org
> and associated web projects, Sarah & I have worked on applying the new
> styles to the documentation. The main goals of the project were:
>
> - To have the documentation styles match that of the main website
> - To make the documentation easier to view on mobile devices
> - To set up the web-based documentation for future usability changes and
> improvements
>
> Other than reversing how the versions are display at the top of the
> website, we did not change any of the documentation structure and do not
> intend to as part of this version of the project.
>
> We have created a prototype of the new styles that can be viewed here,
> with the credentials below:
>
> http://174.138.60.30/docs/
> pgdocs / newstyles
>
> When browsing through this site, please note:
>
> - All interactions are confined to the "/docs" folder
> - Not all of the docs are loaded and they are not all the latest
> versions - this is just for beta testing purposes
> - Search in the prototype does not work
>
> We are looking for feedback in the following areas:
>
> - Things that may have degraded the user experience, e.g. things that
> are difficult to read
> - Visual bugs and errors

When I am going to document, then I see (about 0.5 sec) big PostgreSQL
logo. It is not pleasant effect.

I don't like table style - middle vertical line is too black

Used colour palette is maybe too red based.

All my notes are subjective, just my feeling

Regards

Pavel