Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, xenophenes42(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposed HTML Documentation Styles
Date: 2018-10-04 16:28:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 2018-Oct-04, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> čt 4. 10. 2018 v 17:50 odesílatel Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> napsal:
>
> When I am going to document, then I see (about 0.5 sec) big PostgreSQL
> logo. It is not pleasant effect.
>
> I don't like table style - middle vertical line is too black
>
> Used colour palette is maybe too red based.

Yeah, it's heavily red and I didn't like that very much either, though I
can live with it if everyone else loves it.

This TOC looks a bit odd, with those bold black elements amongst all
that red: http://174.138.60.30/docs/10/static/ecpg.html I suppose these
should just be bold without changing the color.

This page http://174.138.60.30/docs/9.4/static/libpq-connect.html
has some keywords inside "Warning" and "Note" boxes. Those keywords
acquire a gray background instead of inheriting the background color of
the box, as in the original stylesheets. Really odd-looking.

Cheers