Re: Invalid Assert while validating REPLICA IDENTITY?

From: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Invalid Assert while validating REPLICA IDENTITY?
Date: 2024-09-02 12:52:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 2, 2024 at 3:32 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 2, 2024 at 11:21 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > While working on some other code I noticed that in
> > FindReplTupleInLocalRel() there is an assert [1] that seems to be
> > passing IndexRelation to GetRelationIdentityOrPK() whereas it should
> > be passing normal relation.
> >

> Agreed. But this should lead to assertion failure. Did you try testing it?

No, I did not test this particular case, it impacted me with my other
addition of the code where I got Index Relation as input to the
RelationGetIndexList() function, and my local changes were impacted by
that. I will write a test for this stand-alone case so that it hits
the assert. Thanks for looking into this.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar