Re: Patch for RM1911 Direct file navigation [pgAdmin4] [Feature]

From: Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for RM1911 Direct file navigation [pgAdmin4] [Feature]
Date: 2016-12-28 06:42:43
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,
Here is updated (V4) patch.

Changes: 1] Now can enter both type of slashes ( / and \ ) and all will get
replaced with the platform standard.
2] Added unicode support.

--
*Harshal Dhumal*
*Software Engineer*

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Harshal Dhumal
> <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Please find updated patch below for direct file navigation.
> > I have covered all of above mentioned case.
>
> Still not there I'm afraid:
>
> - On Mac, if I type \Users\dpage, it changes it to /\Users\dpage and
> then tells me it doesn't exist. Per the RM, either forward or back
> slashes should be acceptable ("The path should accept either / or \ as
> separators. Upon successful navigation to the path (after pressing
> Return), the slashes should be replaced with the platform standard if
> needed.")
>
> - Unicode handling seems to be completely broken - see the attached
> screenshot.
>
> I haven't tested on Windows yet, and only in Desktop mode on Mac.
> Please test on Windows and Mac or Linux with both Python 2 and 3, in
> both Server and Desktop modes to ensure that the behaviour meets the
> requirements of the ticket with Unicode and non-Unicode paths and
> files before resubmitting.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM1911_V4_28_Dec.patch text/x-patch 49.3 KB