Refresh materialized views recursively

From: Bit Divine <bitdivine69(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Refresh materialized views recursively
Date: 2016-06-02 17:31:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

This is a response to a rather old message 'automatically refresh all
materialized views?' linked below. I just implemented a recursive refresh
for my own purposes, as I couldn't find an existing implementation. I've
put it as a gist on github in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Original question:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKNDN-db%2BC%3DyW9UwoqF8NBrPbeJLLXrSDvqa6MyDwpLvQBqfSA%40mail.gmail.com

Gist: https://gist.github.com/bitdivine/4b63fb088fd8fd58d61ffb8246d07369

Note: I don't deal with the circular references that the original
discussion dwelt on. :-)

Regards, Bit.