Re: dumb question

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Steve Clark <steve(dot)clark(at)netwolves(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dumb question
Date: 2016-06-02 17:23:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Something like:

select max(id) from yourtable where sts=0 and ref_id is null;

That assumes that ref_id is null. It would help to see your table structure
and the query you tried that doesn't work. If ref_id is actually a
character string then you might need ref_id='' or coalesce(ref_id,'')='' if
it can be null or empty string.

Cheers,
Steve