PostgreSQL in Amazon RDS

From: Brian Rice <brice(at)bigloops(dot)com>
To: seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL in Amazon RDS
Date: 2013-12-04 18:10:10
Lists: seapug

It was great to meet many of you at last night's meetup. Thanks to Lloyd
for a super talk.

Many PUG members will be aware that Amazon Web Services has just added
PostgreSQL 9.3.1 to the selection of databases available as hosted
services. Beforehand, Amazon RDS had MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server, and,
two weeks ago, Postgres made its debut in the service. I work for AWS, and
I wanted to invite SeaPUG members to dial into the webinar we're doing on
Thursday (tomorrow) to tell the community about what we're up to. The
webinar doesn't assume expertise with either PostgreSQL or RDS, so it
should be useful both to beginners and to folks with some experience.

I've pasted in the webinar info below. Needless to say, you can count on me
to not spam the SeaPUG list with gratuitous AWS stuff in future.

Looking forward to meeting more of you in the future--

Brian
--
Brian Rice
brice(at)bigloops(dot)com (personal)

---------

Title: Introducing Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL

Date: December 5, 2013

Time: 11 a.m. Pacific/noon Mountain/1 p.m. Central/2 p.m. Eastern

Registration link:

http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=711807&s=1&k=464F5E743373FCE8FBD15D289203C29B&partnerref=EM3

Abstract:

Amazon RDS makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale relational database
deployments in the cloud. We are excited to introduce PostgreSQL to the
family of supported database engines. Now, you can create scalable
PostgreSQL deployments in minutes, freeing you up to focus on application
development instead of time-consuming database administration tasks
including backups, software patching, monitoring, scaling and replication.
In this webinar, we will provide an overview of Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL,
discuss popular use cases, and share best practices that will help you
fully leverage PostgreSQL in the cloud.