SeaPUG Presentations & Updates

From: "Albin, Lloyd P" <lalbin(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: "seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SeaPUG Presentations & Updates
Date: 2013-12-04 20:02:29
Lists: seapug

To All:

Last night's presentation on Writing Basic Postgres Functions is available for download from our website.
http://www.seapug.org/talk.php?talk=49

I also posted two of the three presentations that I gave last month.
http://www.seapug.org/talk.php?talk=46

The presentation for next month will be on writing advanced functions. I will show some example of how to write functions to do the following:

Materialized Views
Single Table Shadow functions
Lookup User Dependencies
Update all sequences for an entire schema

If you would like to see a specific example, please let me know and I will try to get it included into this presentation.

As we discussed at the end of the last LinuxFest Northwest conference, we will be doing it again this next April. We are looking for people who want to help man the Postgres / SeaPUG booth and to also do presentations. Basil, Julie, and myself have all agreed to help man the booth and do presentations. I would love to hear from others who would be interested in doing presentations and/or helping to man the booth. I would really like to see enough presentations that we can fill our one conference room for both days. I don't remember how many that is, so I have just sent the LFNW people a quick note asking them.

Last year we did not do a presentation at the Cascadia IT Conference. I would love to see one or more of us do a presentation this year there in preperation for doing a pgtrack there the following year. This is late notice as call for proposals ends in five days. I think Basil might be up for at least one presentation.
http://casitconf.org/casitconf14/call-for-proposals/
Lloyd

Lloyd Albin
Database Administrator

Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP)
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)
1100 Fairview Ave N., E3-129
P.O. Box 19024 * Seattle, WA 98109-1024
206.667.6477 * 206.667.4812 fax
Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm (Pacific)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.