Re: Fwd: Regarding change in the size of database

From: Jayadevan M <maymala(dot)jayadevan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: harish Reddy <harishr536(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Regarding change in the size of database
Date: 2016-10-27 03:34:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 9:51 PM, harish Reddy <harishr536(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Jayadevan,
>
> Firstly Thank you so much for your valuable information provided, So what
> should i do for increasing my database performance? and could you suggest
> me how to continue to the vacuum process and will it decrease my database
> performance?

Please read this article
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems
i.e - "Mention your database version", "A description of what you are
trying to achieve and what results you expect" etc etc.
And this.
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server

Do you have autovacuum working?
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html