Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields
Date: 2019-01-30 09:47:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

As per our discussion, I have implemented the CSS Switch. Reference:
https://codepen.io/personable/pen/stpwD?editors=1100#0
Please find the attached patch for the same.

Please check the performance for the Login/Group roles Properties tab.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:47 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:39 AM Murtuza Zabuawala <
> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:43 AM Khushboo Vashi <
>> khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Aditya,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the review.
>>>
>>> Please find the attached updated patch.
>>>
>>> @ Murtuza,
>>>
>>> Regarding your concern, I have not used the API. As per the
>>> documentation, there are 2 ways to initialise the bootstrap toggle, First
>>> Initialise with HTML and second with Code.
>>> In our case, Initialisation with HTML is not possible as we render the
>>> backform controls runtime, So, I have used the other option.
>>> Also, the main issue of slow rendering which has been solved through
>>> this implementation. The browser hanging issue is due to Backbone
>>> collection reset method and I am working on that part with another RM,
>>> https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3664.
>>>

>> I agreed to that, that's why I wrote when not in edit mode : )
>>
>> With API mode, we are performing DOM operation on each individual
>> instance (specially in Subnode/Backgrid) which I think we should avoid when
>> we are just displaying to the user.
>>
> I agree - it was my concern with the earlier switch control as well.
>
> I was thinking of using switch control based on complete CSS.
> How about the following?
> https://github.com/ghinda/css-toggle-switch
> https://ghinda.net/css-toggle-switch/bootstrap.html
>

> --
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ashesh Vashi
> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
> <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
>

> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
> <http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>
>

>> Regrads,
>> Murtuza
>>

>>> @ Dave,
>>>
>>> Please, review this patch, we need your approval for the toggle design
>>> changes.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Khushboo

>>> This issue was old, not due to my patch but I have fixed it.

>>> Fixed

>>> Fixed

>>> Done

>>> Fixed

Attachment Content-Type Size
Toggle_switch_with_css.patch application/octet-stream 11.9 KB