Re: pgAdmin4 stopped working with VPN upon upgrade.

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Rick K6y <rick(dot)k6y(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 stopped working with VPN upon upgrade.
Date: 2021-08-18 04:39:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 4:23 AM Rick K6y <rick(dot)k6y(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I run pgAdmin4 in an Ubuntu VM.
> I connect to a PostgreSQL database running on AWS RDS.
> To connect to RDS, I run an OpenVPN to AWS.
> On my host OS, I run a VPN from my Windows virus software vendor for
> general privacy.
>
> All of this worked fine until today when I upgraded to pgAdmin4 5.6 using
> *apt.*
> Now I have to disconnect the VPN on my host OS.
> With the host OS VPN up, expanding a table on the tree navigation (and
> sometimes before I drill down that far) hangs.
> I have to bring down the host OS VPN, and restart pgAdmin4 for it to start
> working again.

No major changes done in this area in the latest release.

Please provide some details:

- Are you running pgAdmin in Web mode or Desktop mode?
- Do you see any error in browser console or in pgAdmin logs?
- Can you please clear session files located at /var/lib/pgadmin4/sessions
folder, restart the apache server and try it again?

Thanks,
Khushboo

I tried to find a way to downgrade pgAdmin4, but couldn't find how to do