Re: pgadmin4 4.6 kubuntu 18.04 repo install communication with browser failed

From: Khushboo Vashi <khushboo(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: andreas(dot)laggner(at)thuenen(dot)de
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 4.6 kubuntu 18.04 repo install communication with browser failed
Date: 2019-05-29 08:58:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 2:19 PM Andreas Laggner <andreas(dot)laggner(at)thuenen(dot)de>
wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> i installed pgadmin4 4.6.1 from the postgresql apt repository for ubuntu
> 18.04. When i start pgadmin4 firefox tells me:
>

> Unauthorized
>
> The server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL
> requested. You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g. a bad
> password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the
> credentials required.
>
> Please select the pgAdmin 4 icon from the system tray and select 'Open New
Window' option or select the 'Copy server URL' option which will copy the
URL and you can paste it in the browser.
Please refer the attached screen-shot.

> pgadmin4 log says "erverything fine pgadmin4 startet without error".
>
> I figured out when i copy the content from the file
> .pgAdmin4.14570597673959349582.addr stored in my home and paste it into
> the ULR from firefox the connection works and pgadmin4 appears.
>
> I am in a closed up network behind a very strong firewall, i do not need
> extra security, i need functionality. Is it possible to tell that
> pgadmin4? Or can anyone help me starting pgadmin4 without the extra copy
> paste?
>

> hasta luego PGAndi
>

> --
> Dipl. Geoökologe Andreas Laggner
>
> Thünen-Institut für Agrarklimaschutz (AK)
> Arbeitsgruppe Emissionsinventare
> Johann Heinrich von Thünen-Institut,
> Bundesforschungsinstitut für Ländliche Räume, Wald und Fischerei
>
> Thünen Institute of Climate-Smart Agriculture
> Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute,
> Federal Research Institute for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries
>
> Bundesallee 65
> D-38116 Braunschweig
>
> Tel.: (+49) (0)531 596 2636
> Fax : (+49) (0)531 596 2645
> E-mail: andreas(dot)laggner(at)thuenen(dot)de
> Homepage: http://www.thuenen.de/de/ak

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin4.png image/png 117.0 KB