Re: Make INFO messages consistent in various index *validate() functions

From: neha khatri <nehakhatri5(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Make INFO messages consistent in various index *validate() functions
Date: 2017-02-26 22:01:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Does the community believe that the existing INFO message, as shown below,
is clear enough for the users.

"btree operator family "bpchar_ops" contains function
bpcharcmp(character,character) with wrong signature for support number 1"

When I got that message I had to search in the Postgres Documents, to
understand what is support number and what is support procedure. How the
two are connected.... It takes some time to understand the co-relation.

Are the terms "support number" and "support procedure" being used
interchangeably? Please clarify.

Regards,
Neha