Re: Trouble installing psycopg2

From: Augori <augori(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chris(at)chriscurvey(dot)com
Cc: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing psycopg2
Date: 2013-09-26 18:56:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks, for the replies Chris and David.

Chris, I couldn't find any psycopg files under my Python installs, so I
decided to try David's advice and yum install python-psycopg2
It reported success, but it installed it under
../usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages

I'm working with Python2.7.5, so psycopg2 won't import. It believe that
psycopg2 is not written for 2.4 or below. That's why I installed 2.7.5.
So my question now is, how can I get yum to install it in the 2.7
site-packages?

Thanks.

PS. About the virtualenv suggestion, I had tried using use virtualenv and
virtualenvwrapper, following the instructions on this nice site.
http://bda.ath.cx/blog/2009/04/08/installing-python-26-in-centos-5-or-rhel5/
But, I couldn't get the bashrc to run without error, after adding this
update

source /opt/bin/virtualenvwrapper_bashrc

So, I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and skip that part.
(that's how I got to easy_intall, which at least allowed me to specify
which python version)