Estonian PUG

From: Ervin Weber <webervin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Estonian PUG
Date: 2016-10-31 10:09:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello,
I am Ervin Weber from Tallinn, Estonia. Some of you may remember me from
European PostgreSQL conferences.

As we having quite a bit of interest in PostgreSQL in Estonia, and as there
is some hype caused by European Conference being here just around the
corner. Me and my collegues had created few additional "warm-up" events:

http://blog.devclub.eu/2016/10/19/20-years-of-postgresql/ (free event,
"sold out" in 30 hours)
https://m.facebook.com/events/188448444927199 (also free, basically just
place where and when to meet and talk).

Our goal is find and introduce to eachother local people, passionate around
PostgreSQL. Possibly organizing us into some kind of local meetup group.

We have no estimates on how many people we find, and how involved they
remain over time, but we would like to get them into a mailing list, as in
our opinion this is most universal non invasive medium available. While
google group wold do, in spirit of community it would be better to be more
official. Following instructions on postgresql.org i am writing to this
list to ask for posibility to create regional mailing list for Estonia,EE.
Is there any possibility get such list + signup possibility working today,
so it could be promoted in both events, and via lightning talk on
conference itself?

Thank you,
Ervin.