Re: Transaction ISOLATION LEVEL - have I missed something?

From: Pól Ua Laoínecháin <linehanp(at)tcd(dot)ie>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transaction ISOLATION LEVEL - have I missed something?
Date: 2021-05-13 17:22:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi David, and thanks for getting back to me.

>> Am I wrong about this?
> Transaction isolation levels are immaterial here. The functions define what time they return:

Ah, yes, it now makes perfect sense...

All statements in a transaction which is READ COMMITTED sees the data
as of CLOCK_TIMESTAMP() and all statements in a transaction that is
SERIALIZABLE see the data as of TRANSACTION_TIMESTAMP().

At least, that's how I understand it now - my error was not
double-checking my function definitions.

Thanks again and rgs,

Pól Ua Laoínecháin...