Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach

From: yudhi s <learnerdatabase99(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: sud <suds1434(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Elbaz <elbazsimon9(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Long running query causing XID limit breach
Date: 2024-06-05 19:21:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 5, 2024 at 3:52 PM Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
wrote:

> There should never be a restart unless you perform one or the standby
> crashes.
> If you mean that you want to avoid a crash caused by a full disk on the
> standby,
> the answer is probably "no". Make sure that you have enough disk space and
> use monitoring.
>
> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe

Is this because OP initially mentioned its RDS postgres, so in that case
there is storage space restriction on 64TB(and 128TB in case of aurora
postgres). So I believe this storage space combines data + WAL , so in that
case as you mentioned, appropriate monitoring needs to be put in place.
Or else in the worst case scenario, if the storage consumption hit that
hard limit , then there will be instance restart or crash?