Re: Promoting 1 of 2 slaves

From: William Dunn <dunnwjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joseph Kregloh <jkregloh(at)sproutloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Promoting 1 of 2 slaves
Date: 2015-07-21 18:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

As I am aware, you would have two options depending on your configuration:

1. Change the primary_conninfo value on the second standby's
recovery.conf to point to the standby that has been promoted to master.
However, I think this would require that instance to be rebooted for the
configuration changes to take effect
2. Modify the DNS entries so that the host value in primary_conninfo points
to the new master rather than the old master

Does anyone know of another way?

*Will J. Dunn*
*willjdunn.com <http://willjdunn.com>*