Promoting 1 of 2 slaves

From: Joseph Kregloh <jkregloh(at)sproutloud(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Promoting 1 of 2 slaves
Date: 2015-07-17 13:43:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am getting ready to take my master server out of service today and
promote the slave to take it's place. In my current setup I have one master
server which ships WAL files to two separate slave servers.

My plan is to promote one of those slaves. How do I get the slave that I
promoted to start replicating to the other slave the moment I trigger it's
promotion?

Thanks,
-Joseph Kregloh