Re: Additional minor pg_dump cleanups

From: Ranier Vilela <ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional minor pg_dump cleanups
Date: 2024-07-03 11:29:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Em qua., 3 de jul. de 2024 às 04:37, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
escreveu:

> Re-reading Nathans recent 8213df9effaf I noticed a few more small things
> which
> can be cleaned up. In two of the get<Object> functions we lack a
> fast-path for
> when no tuples are found which leads to pg_malloc(0) calls. Another thing
> is
> that we in one place reset the PQExpBuffer immediately after creating it
> which
> isn't required.

0001 Looks good to me.

0002:
With the function *getPublications* I think it would be good to free up the
allocated memory?

}
+ pg_free(pubinfo);
+cleanup:
PQclear(res);

With the function *getExtensions* I think it would be good to return NULL
in case ntups = 0?
Otherwise we may end up with an uninitialized variable.

- ExtensionInfo *extinfo;
+ ExtensionInfo *extinfo = NULL;

Funny, the function *getExtensionMembership* does not use the parameter
ExtensionInfo extinfo.
getExtensions does not have another caller, Is it really necessary?

best regards,
Ranier Vilela