License Question

From: Jamie Specter <jamie(dot)specter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org" <psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: License Question
Date: 2018-05-30 18:04:04
Lists: pgsql-general psycopg

Hello -

Big fan of psycopg2!

I would love to use it in an Apache-licensed project but unfortunately,
LGPL licenses are not compatible with Apache 2.0.

See here for more info:
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x

Apache 2.0 explicitly states that we cannot distribute components under
prohibited licenses (which includes LGPL) and our group wants to use that
license.

Is there any chance the project can be dual-licensed with a permissive
option like MIT or BSD? (You could even say the permissive license is only
available if used in Apache 2.0 projects.) That will allow us to
incorporate your work into our project!

There are many permissive licenses (
https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a) and even some weak
copy left licenses we could make work (