Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database for the tables which has more dead tuples?

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is it ok to run vacuum full verbose command for live database for the tables which has more dead tuples?
Date: 2018-07-18 09:13:30
Lists: pgsql-general

We have thousands of tables. But out of those tables, around 20 to 40
tables are always busy due to that those tables are bloating.

In order to avoid this we are running a shell script which performs vacuum
full on the tables which has more than ten thousand dead tuples. While
running this we are stopping all application processors and running vacuum
full on the tables which has more dead tuples.

1. Is it ok to run *vacuum full verbose* command for live database for
the tables which has more dead tuples(greater than)?
2. Does it cause any *adverse *effect?

Please clarify me. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,