pg_dump backup utility is taking more time around 24hrs to take the backup of 28GB

From: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump backup utility is taking more time around 24hrs to take the backup of 28GB
Date: 2018-10-18 12:25:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

We are using *pg_dump *backup utility in order to take the backup of the
database. Unfortunately,it is taking around 24hrs of time to take the
backup of 28GB database. Please guide me how to reduce the time and is
there any parameter need to be modified which will help us to reduce the
backup time. We are using Postgres 9.2 version

*Note:-*Kindly suggest me options using pg_dump only.

--
Regards,
Raghavendra Rao