Re: pg_dump backup utility is taking more time around 24hrs to take the backup of 28GB

From: Ozz Nixon <ozznixon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump backup utility is taking more time around 24hrs to take the backup of 28GB
Date: 2018-10-18 12:33:48
Lists: pgsql-general

There are many possible problems, could you share your command line?

For example. Dump on SAME drive as the DB files, can produce disk
contention. Dump across the network, can have packet collision of network
latency. I dump 20gb test server in a matter of a couple minutes here. But,
I run multiple disk controllers, data drive one 1 iSCSI and archives on
another iSCSI - both run SSD ... so obviously, in this design I am simply
moving RAM from 1 gig channel to another 1 gig channel, both are private
circuits - no network conflict, and I average no less than 1GBps A to B
stack performance.