Re: Please HELP me! - pgAdmin 4 v4.x on macOS BigSuk

From: May Kue <may(dot)kue(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Please HELP me! - pgAdmin 4 v4.x on macOS BigSuk
Date: 2021-02-28 01:07:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello!

Thank you all so much! I was able to download the latest 5.0 version and
got it to work. The download from EDB install for PostgreSQL 13.2 has the
pgAdmin 4.3 version in the package. It connected to all the Postgres
servers after testing. Unfortunately, after running around like a chicken
with no head for a few days, my elation was short-lived. SMITED! The other
applications I have to use, Tableau 2020.4 and Anaconda, do not support
Postgres13.2. The drivers I had to install, rendered PostgreSQL and Tableau
to just legit quick MacOS.

There are a few things going on with the different apps and versions from
working with each other but the root cause is basically that
Apple/macOS/Big Suk still wants to control all the third-vendors access. I
am sure they have a good reason but for novice users, it is a nightmare
because you have to configure each app, host, and server to run cohesively.
Ironically, each app/server keeps overriding one another and rewriting
the configuration/network files. I am sure it's me, not you...but I am not
breaking up with you. 😎 I have to go back to Windows now because Apple is
a bully and the infighting is a nightmare. Don't worry. All SQL apps are
dependent on pgAdmin GUI so you'll always be in my life. Forever...

I guess my dream to be a hacker (ethical, hello) is a little dim today as I
have to grovel back to Windows like the rest of the herd. I seriously
thought about throwing my Mac out the "window" (with gusto! dammit!) but
seeing that I live on the first floor, it would just not be as satisfying.
I'll still go back to the Mac because she's pretty but complicated...also
expensive. Yeah, I do sometimes feel shallow with the Mac but it makes me
feel so cool like I can be somebody...ya know? Besides, I'll have to go and
pick up the mess I've made. I still want my lovely neighbors to like me and
check up on me in case I catch "The Covid"... or a zombie apocalypse. They
can all really cook...anyway, no one wants to be the crazy person on the
block.

Thank you for all your help! If I can ever be of service, please let me
know. I sincerely and greatly appreciate getting through the moderator and
all of your help. Until we meet again, may the force be with you my dear
friends!

Oh, and Darren, the class only supports Windows so Mac users are on their
own...even though this is a Data Analyst/Science program...I don't know,
it...it's complicated. Maybe because of Tableau? It keeps me up at night
thinking about it too....like, why? But for now, I'll go with Mac is
unstable and paranoid...? If I ever find the answer, you'll be the first to
know.

Forever a newbie (and I am OK with that),
Kue