r there downsides to explicitly naming a pk column xxxx_pk

From: john snow <ofbizfanster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: r there downsides to explicitly naming a pk column xxxx_pk
Date: 2017-12-14 20:14:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

instead of the more conventional xxxx_id or just id?

sorry if this may be a foolish question to some, but i'm trying to think
thru
a junior colleagues's proposal. the discussion occurred while we were
discussing naming our foreign key constraints using the convention
"childtable_parenttable_colname_fk".

thanks for any guidance!