Running backups on a standby server

From: Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Running backups on a standby server
Date: 2016-03-24 19:10:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Good afternoon,

We are running postgres 9.2.12 and populating our dr site with hot
standby. I'd like to run
pg_dump backups of our dbs on the standby if possible. I tried and got
this error after about 2 minutes.

ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be
removed.

Hot standby documentation tells me that I should be able to run COPY TO..
statements in
a standby server. Any insights appreciated.

Thank you,

--
*Mark Steben*
Database Administrator