Re: Running backups on a standby server

From: Scott Whitney <scott(at)journyx(dot)com>
To: Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Running backups on a standby server
Date: 2016-03-24 19:42:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

I ran into the same issues.

SELECT pg_xlog_replay_pause()

pg_dump, etc, etc...

pg_xlog_replay_resume().

________________________________
From: pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org <pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org> on behalf of Mark Steben <mark(dot)steben(at)drivedominion(dot)com>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 2:10 PM
To: pgsql-admin
Subject: [ADMIN] Running backups on a standby server

Good afternoon,

We are running postgres 9.2.12 and populating our dr site with hot standby. I'd like to run
pg_dump backups of our dbs on the standby if possible. I tried and got this error after about 2 minutes.

ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.

Hot standby documentation tells me that I should be able to run COPY TO.. statements in
a standby server. Any insights appreciated.

Thank you,

--
Mark Steben
Database Administrator

www.fb.com/DominionDealerSolutions<http://www.fb.com/DominionDealerSolutions>
www.twitter.com/DominionDealer<http://www.twitter.com/DominionDealer>
www.drivedominion.com<http://www.autorevenue.com/>

<http://autobasedigital.net/marketing/DD12_sig.jpg>

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/tBOSGongVuRhiDaCrssxCO7MhtC9P3dykHqNZb1k1NajNIaQO0MEpdsyE9vFnhshtystUQQf8rm_spyUuRwIqvhaqQM0aQ2yd-NUyXpOWkmlr6cc5ytsLr0xQiJhKRkRA4vfyzk]<http://www.drivedominion.com/nada>

Journyx, Inc.
7600 Burnet Road #300
Austin, TX 78757
www.journyx.com