Re: Master-slave failover question

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: "Athanasios | ZenGuard" <athanasios(at)zenguard(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Master-slave failover question
Date: 2014-01-03 16:00:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

As of now (v9.3 of postgreSQL), you need to rebuild old (lost) master from
new master.
Glad you could discover the magic of pgpool :-)

You can either use pgpoll admin to do this rebuilding in a single click or
you can write your own shell script (like I had done) to resotre a lost
node (do remember to test a scenario where slave is lost and you have to
rebuild that).

Regards
Sameer

PS: Sent from my Mobile device. Pls ignore typo n abb