Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2

From: Sameer Kumar <sameer(dot)kumar(at)ashnik(dot)com>
To: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cascade streaming replication + wal_files - Pgsql 9.2
Date: 2016-07-07 02:17:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016, 10:10 a.m. Patrick B, <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> ok...
>
> I'll archive the wal_files locally on slave01,

How? I assume you are planning on doing this with scp/rsync in
archive_command in upstream master.

and then send them to slave02 every 10 minutes, for example.

Sounds good. But why? Is it just to have redundunt archives?
On your upstream master you can also use a custom script which inturn would
be scp'ing the wals to 2 or 3 servers for archiving purposes

This will be done by rsync or something else.

> I'll have still the problem with timeline, and slave02 won't be able to
> become a master in the future.

No, you should not have a problem. Since rsync will also copy the timeline
related files to slave02

> Is that right?

Best Regards
Sameer Kumar | DB Solution Architect
*ASHNIK PTE. LTD.*

101 Cecil Street, #11-11 Tong Eng Building, Singapore 069 533

T: +65 6438 3504 | M: +65 8110 0350 | www.ashnik.com