Re: DB migration : Sybase to Postgres

From: Sengottaiyan T <techsenko(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DB migration : Sybase to Postgres
Date: 2023-05-25 11:30:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there an option to set novalidate constraints in postgres? In my source
Sybase DB, table structures are not defined properly (only primary keys
exist and no foreign key) - I'm making necessary changes on target Postgres
DB (created tables, identifying relationship between table columns with
respective team). After creating proper structure on target, the next step
is to load data - I'm sure there will be a lot of errors during initial
data load (no parent record found). How to handle it?