Re: PHP PDO getting data from pgSQL stored function

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Schmidt <css(dot)liquid(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PHP PDO getting data from pgSQL stored function
Date: 2013-11-03 16:06:17
Lists: pgsql-php

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Michael Schmidt <css(dot)liquid(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> i need to do a ugly select which i dont want to place in my php code.
> I use PDO all the time.

All database access from our application is functionalized using either
PL/pgSQL or SQL functions.

> I want to return a structure which is the same as a table i have created.

CREATE FUNCTION blah (IN param 1, ..., IN param n, OUT param 1, ... OUT
param n) RETURNS SETOF RECORD

Now my question, how can i return that and access it with PHP PDO?
> Should I use a cursor or shoul I use the return of the function (if it is
> possible)?

Just do a SELECT * FROM blah(...); as a normal PDO query.

--
Jonah H. Harris
Blog: http://www.oracle-internals.com/