PHP PDO getting data from pgSQL stored function

From: Michael Schmidt <css(dot)liquid(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PHP PDO getting data from pgSQL stored function
Date: 2013-11-02 15:54:36
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi guys,

i need to do a ugly select which i dont want to place in my php code.
I use PDO all the time.

I want to return a structure which is the same as a table i have created.

I want to write it in pgSQL.

Now my question, how can i return that and access it with PHP PDO?
Should I use a cursor or shoul I use the return of the function (if it
is possible)?

Can someone provide a piece of example code?

Thanks for help