Fwd: [GENERAL] Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: [GENERAL] Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working
Date: 2014-12-02 16:25:09
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Better luck on this list.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dave Rosckes <dave(dot)rosckes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: 2 December 2014 at 11:10
Subject: [GENERAL] Trying to get SSPI/JDBC working
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

I am new to Postgresql. I have a postgres server running on a windows
platform. The DBs will not have any remote access, only users logged onto
the localhost will have access. SSPI seems like a great authentication
protocol to use in this case.

I believe I have followed all the instructions on how to get this to work:

Postgresql: postgresql-9.3.4-4-windows-x64

Updated pg_hba.conf to have the following lines:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 sspi
host all all ::1/128 md5

Created role that matches userid via pgAdmin III

JDBC connection url:
"jdbc:postgresql://localhost/postgresDB?integratedSecurity=true"
JDBC jar: postgresql-9.3-1100.jdbc4.jar

Looking in the pglog all I see is:

CST FATAL: SSPI authentication failed for user "roscked"
CST DETAIL: Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "host
all all 127.0.0.1/32 sspi"

The exception I see:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: GSS Authentication failed

Any guidance on how to get more information on the failure, or suggestion
on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.