How to determine max int

From: Melvin Call <melvincall979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to determine max int
Date: 2013-11-12 00:14:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Good evening,

I could swear I read somewhere that the default integer size on 64-bit
systems running 9.1 is eight bytes, or the equivalent of a bigint. But
reading through the user guide it seems that it is indeed still just
four-bytes. Can anyone verify that for me, or point me to a way to verify
it? I see nothing in pg_settings which is where I thought to look. Not a
big deal, I just need to know for the data dictionary.

Thanks again,
Melvin