Re: Recommended Hardware requirements for PostgreSQL DB Server.

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recommended Hardware requirements for PostgreSQL DB Server.
Date: 2019-01-25 02:41:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 12:35 AM Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On 1/24/19 12:06 PM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Are there any recommended hardware requirements to setup PostgreSQL DB
> server? I checked https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Database_Hardware but
> unable to find it. I am going to install Postgresql 9.6 version in AWS (
> https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/). I will appreciate if someone
> can suggest how many CPU cores, physical memory and disk space is required
> for the setup.
>
> Thanks in Advance and i look forward to hearing from you.
>

> That's impossible to answer unless you say something about:
>
> - the size of the database,
> - what use type (OLTP, OLAP, DSS, mixed usage, etc),
> - number of concurrent users,
> - etc
>
> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> Hi Ron,

We have to setup Trend Micro DSM ( Deep Security Manager) and the database
specifications are mentioned in
https://help.deepsecurity.trendmicro.com/10/0/Get-Started/sizing.html

[image: Screenshot 2019-01-25 at 8.03.40 AM.png]

Currently we have agents which falls between 1-99 as per the above matrix.
DSM will cater around 50 Agents. Please let me know if you need any
additional information.

Best Regards,

Kaushal