SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue

From: George Woodring <george(dot)woodring(at)iglass(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL solution for my JDBC timezone issue
Date: 2015-02-23 13:40:07
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-jdbc

Anyone have a suggestion for setting the timezone back to the Postgres db
default on a connection. JDBC now sets the timezone to be the client which
is my web server and ignores the default timezone that I have set in the
DB. There are large parts of my code that I have never worried about
timezones because the DB would handle it. Before I head down that path, I
thought I would check and see if there was an easier way for me to put it
back into the database.

My latest issue is I create a date object and set it to 3am PST, If I save
it into a timestamp with timezone the db saves it at 3am PST when I pull it
out. If I save it to timestamp without timezone, I get 6am now where as
before I would get 3am.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
George Woodring
iGLASS Networks