Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL

From: Önder Kalacı <onderkalaci(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dropped and generated columns might cause wrong data on subs when REPLICA IDENTITY FULL
Date: 2023-03-20 09:28:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Shi Yu, all

Thanks for updating the patches. It seems you forgot to attach the patches
> of
> dropped columns for HEAD and pg15, I think they are the same as v2.

Yes, it seems I forgot. And, yes they were the same as v2.

> On HEAD, we can re-use clusters in other test cases, which can save some
> time.
> (see fccaf259f22f4a)

Thanks for noting.

> In the patches for pg12 and pg11, I am not sure why not add the test at
> end of
> the file 100_bugs.pl. I think it would be better to be consistent with
> other
> versions.

I applied the same patch that I created for HEAD, and then the "patch"
command
created this version. Given that we are creating new patches per version, I
think
you are right, we should put them at the end.

> The attached patches modify these two points. Besides, I made some minor
> changes, ran pgindent and pgperltidy.

oh, I didn't know about pgperltidy. And, thanks a lot for making changes and
making it ready for the committer.

> These are patches for dropped columns,
> because I think this would be submitted first, and we can discuss the fix
> for
> generated columns later.

Makes sense, even now we have 5 different patches, lets work on generated
columns
when this is fixed.

I applied all patches for all the versions, and re-run the subscription
tests,
all looks good to me.

Thanks,
Onder KALACI