Re: Issue with pgstattuple on Sequences in PostgreSQL

From: Ayush Vatsa <ayushvatsa1810(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue with pgstattuple on Sequences in PostgreSQL
Date: 2024-06-25 10:30:33
Lists: pgsql-general

> I agree it’s a documentation bug
Thanks for confirmation, then maybe I can start a new thread in
pgsql-hackers about this bug and I can myself create a patch for the same.

> then the regression test should be fixed as well
I will add regress test for sequences as well.

We can remove *SEQUENCE* from
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/contrib/pgstattuple/pgstattuple.c#L255-L259

as well so that users can encounter *ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED*.

Thanks
Ayush Vatsa
SDE AWS