Re: PostgreSQL Community Enquire !

From: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: madhav sira <madhavjpn567(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Community Enquire !
Date: 2024-06-25 04:06:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 4:29 AM madhav sira <madhavjpn567(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Dear PostgreSQL Community,
>

> I am new to the PostgreSQL community. I am writing to seek guidance on the
> best practices for engaging with the community, particularly regarding
> where to post questions related to SQL queries and general database issues.
>
> In other database communities, such as the Oracle SQL and PL/SQL forums,
> there are dedicated spaces where users can ask and answer questions. I am
> wondering if PostgreSQL has a similar community forum or if all questions
> should be directed to this mailing list (pgsql-general).
>
> Could you please provide some information on the following:
>
> 1. Is there a dedicated community forum or platform where PostgreSQL users
> typically ask and discuss SQL-related questions?
> 2. If the `pgsql-general` mailing list is the primary venue, are there any
> specific guidelines or best practices I should follow when posting
> questions?

There are as such no guidelines but what I recommend is that you can
check the existing posts on the mail lists and you will get a general idea.

3. Are there other resources or mailing lists that would be beneficial for
> someone looking to learn and troubleshoot PostgreSQL?

There are a lot of mail lists available, you need to subscribe to the
desired ones, the mostly used ones are
1. pgsql-general
2. pgsql-hackers
3. pgsql-admin