PSQL Should \sv & \ev work with materialized views?

From: Kirk Wolak <wolakk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PSQL Should \sv & \ev work with materialized views?
Date: 2023-05-15 04:32:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Personally I would appreciate it if \sv actually showed you the DDL.
Oftentimes I will \ev something to review it, with syntax highlighting.

Obviously this won't go in until V17, but looking at other tab-completion
fixes.

This should not be that difficult. Just looking for feedback.
Admittedly \e is questionable, because you cannot really apply the changes.
ALTHOUGH, I would consider that I could
BEGIN;
DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ...;

Which I had to do to change the WITH DATA so it creates with data when we
reload our object.s

Kirk...