Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton

From: jian he <jian(dot)universality(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Igor Gnatyuk <ig953or(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton
Date: 2024-05-19 08:43:30
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 4:39 PM Igor Gnatyuk <ig953or(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Thank you for your letter. I tried to take your comments into account:
> I added explanations to the condition_name, sqlstate options and
> slightly changed
> the explanations for USING. Attached you will find new patch version.
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Ragards, Igor Gnatyuk

there occurrence of sqlcode:
+ <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable>
should be:
<replaceable class="parameter">sqlstate</replaceable>

+ <para>
+ In the syntax of <command>RAISE</command> command with the
+ <replaceable class="parameter">condition_name</replaceable> or
+ <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable> options
+ <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom
error message,
+ detail, or hint. A variation of the example above:
+ <programlisting>
+ RAISE unique_violation USING MESSAGE = 'Duplicate user ID: ' || user_id;
+ </programlisting>
+ </para>

>> options
>> <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom error message,
>> detail, or hint.

"options" should be "optional"?
I am not sure we need to explicitly say, "error message, error detail,
error hint"?