Re: Regarding feature #6841

From: Anthony DeBarros <anthonymdebarros(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Anil Sahoo <anil(dot)sahoo(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regarding feature #6841
Date: 2024-04-23 12:57:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

> On Tue, 23 Apr 2024 at 12:03, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>

>> I still find the proposal somewhat unintuitive, but the foot-gun
>> safeguards that have been suggested sound like any pedal injuries will
>> solely be the fault of the user.

The scenario described by Dave sounds similar to how DataGrip handles this.
When I click into a query in a script file, the editor highlights the
query. Then I have the option to run that portion.

Enabling this functionality will save lots of time normally spent on
highlighting a query -- it will be awesome.

I'm also glad the team is adding a separate button to run just the
highlighted portion rather than change the behavior of the existing
run/execute button.