Starting pgAdmin4 on Ubuntu 21.04

From: Anthony DeBarros <anthonymdebarros(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Starting pgAdmin4 on Ubuntu 21.04
Date: 2021-06-16 10:22:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello! I just did a fresh install of pgAdmin 4 v5.3 on Ubuntu 21.04 Hirsute
using the steps at https://www.pgadmin.org/download/pgadmin-4-apt/.

I followed those install steps after the ones I normally try, at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt, led to a message that pgAdmin was not
available for Hirsute.

In any event, the application icon now appears in the Activities overview,
and I can launch pgAdmin successfully.

Question:

In past pgAdmin installs when I used the steps on the PostgreSQL wiki, I
was able to launch pgAdmin by entering "pgadmin" at my Terminal prompt.
This does not work under my new install. Is that expected behavior now that
pgAdmin is a standalone app?

Many thanks,
Anthony