Re: [pgAdmin3][Extension]: Wrong SQL generated

From: Neel Patel <neel(dot)patel(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin3][Extension]: Wrong SQL generated
Date: 2016-01-24 13:53:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Please find attached patch file for the issue mentioned below.

*Issue:- *
When user "Edit" any existing extension module property, and try to change
the schema and version field to blank then SQL should not be generated for
the blank field.

Above issue is fixed with attached patch file.

Do review it and let us know for any comments.

Thanks,
Neel Patel

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> While implementing Extension module in pgAdmin4, I came to know that there
> is an bug in pgadmin3.
>
> Following are the steps to reproduce it:
> 1. Edit an existing extension.
> 2. In definition tab, set schema and version fields to empty.
> 3. In SQL tab, it generates an sql for the changes made which is wrong, it
> shouldn't generate sql for the schema and version field if it is kept
> empty, both fields should be validated.
>

> Below is the wrong SQL generated:
>
> *ALTER EXTENSION btree_gin*
> * SET SCHEMA ;*
> *ALTER EXTENSION btree_gin*
> * UPDATE TO ;*
>

> Let me know for any comments.
>
> Thanks
> Surinder Kumar

Attachment Content-Type Size
extension_fix.patch application/octet-stream 897 bytes