Re: Build versionless .so for Android

From: Matthias Kuhn <matthias(at)opengis(dot)ch>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build versionless .so for Android
Date: 2024-01-14 11:37:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What I try to do is packaging an app with androiddeployqt which fails with
an error:

The bundled library lib/libpq.so.5 doesn't end with .so. Android only
supports versionless libraries ending with the .so suffix.

This error was introduced in response to this issue which contains hints
about the underlying problem:

https://bugreports.qt.io/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/QTBUG-101346

I hope this sheds some light
Matthias